VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Service Desk Analyst I
At Middlesex County, you will have a chance to make an impact in your everyday work and build lasting relationships in the communities in which we live and serve. We offer a culture that values inclusion, diversity of thought, and employee development. We invest in our people to help them leverage their strengths to achieve their career aspirations. Join our team and build a rewarding career in a progressive workplace that fosters innovation and leadership.
- As a customer service focused member of the Information Technology Services team, the Service Desk Analyst I’s role is to be the primary support for all desktop and service desk related issues. The Service Desk Analyst I will be responsible for creating and maintaining all support related documentation. This position will install, configure and maintain all desktops and their associated equipment and software. This position will also be one of the primary team members to respond to and document Service Desk calls. This position, at times, will come across confidential information so integrity, confidentiality and discretion are required. Based at the Middlesex County Building, travel to remote sites will be required. This position will also work evenings and weekends when required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Computer Systems Technician (2-year college diploma or equivalent)
- Customer service oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and Microsoft and Apple operating systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Driver’s licence and use of a vehicle
- Current Criminal Record Check that is satisfactory to the County of Middlesex
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to Jessica Ngai, Director of Human Resources, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on September 29, 2023.
We welcome all interested candidates to apply. If you do not meet every qualification in the job description but your skills and experience align well with the role, we encourage you to consider applying. You may be the right candidate we are looking for with this role or other roles at Middlesex County.
Accommodations – Middlesex County is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations that may be required. This information will be treated confidentially and only used for the purpose of providing an accessible recruitment experience.
Additional Information – We thank all applicants who apply, but only those applicants to be interviewed will be acknowledged. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for candidate selection purposes only.About Employer
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation: the pay rate for this position is $25.89 to $29.10 per hour for 40 hours per week
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Ability to participate in the OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Flexible work opportunities
- Ongoing training and development