- Posted on:
May 24, 2023
- Application Deadline:
Jun 15, 2023
- Position Type:
- Position Category:
- JOB TOOLS
Login or Register for an Account to save this job or apply directly if the employer has made the option available.
VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
The Second Chance Community Store is looking for an able-bodied, flexible, friendly and outgoing individual with outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to work positively with others. This position is sometimes physically demanding and requires working on Saturdays.
This position will include some or all of the following tasks:
- There will be lifting and moving large and bulky furniture and appliances over 50 lbs., hauling metal, wood & waste to designated areas.
- Repairing, building and or painting furniture, as well as working with appliances and motors and all other donations.
- Assisting in receiving donations, assessing quality and repair needs, and moving items from receiving area to the floor
- organizing, tidying and cleaning donations and all aspects of the retail store space
- pickups and deliveries of donations
- driving a pickup truck and trailer
- interacting with and assisting customers
- working with and supporting our fabulous group of volunteers
- running the cash register and handling cash from time to time
This position is ideally a full-time position, but we are open to discussing a part-time arrangement. If you love people, working in a fun environment and the thrifting/repurposing culture, consider working at the Second Chance Community Store!Education RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
The ideal team member will:
- enjoy working on a team, but also be able to work independently
- prioritize safety and safe operating procedures
- hold a valid G license, and be able to back up a pickup truck and trailer
- have some “handy-person” qualities, able to repair and repurpose items
- be creative in finding ways to repair and repurpose items as needed
- submit a police check and a clean drivers abstract
- support the vision and purpose of the store, which is to support Strathroy Community Christian School
Must have the ability and a G license to drive a pickup truck with a trailer.Salary Details
Salary: To be determined, depending on experience and qualifications; may be eligible for pension and benefitsHow to Apply
Please submit your resume and hourly wage expectations by June 15, 2023 to the Manager at email@example.com or deliver to the store at 24661 Adelaide Road in Strathroy. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The Second Chance Community Store is owned by Strathroy Community Christian School.
Store hours are Monday – Saturday, 9am to 5pm, phone 519-246-6000About Employer
The Second Chance Community Store sustainably returns value to the greater Strathroy community by transforming how we think about and respond to our environment.